CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Challenge #23

I'll be posting several times this week . . . not only catching up on posting my challenges and my July FG project, but I'll be posting my 1st Design Team project for CropChocolate and there will be a blog hop starting on the 27th.


This week's challenge on CropChocolate was a fun one . . . well, they are all fun, but this one really came together quick for me.  In fact, I was the 1st one to post my project . . . a first for me since I usually don't finish mine and get it posted till the last day or so.

So for Challenge #23 "Patterns Galore", this is what we were told to do "Its summer, a time of freedom and less restriction. For this week's challenge, use 3 patterned papers any way you want to. Let your creativity shine like that summer sun and layer up those patterned papers on a card, layout, an altered project --whatever your creative heart desires."  


So keeping with the "summer" theme talked about, I decided to scrap a picture of my daughter from our first trip to Florida in 2007.  We had rented a condo right on the beach of PensaCola and had a balcony overlooking it and the ocean . . . it was on the Gulf side of PensaCola.  Because of this, my daughter was out playing in the sand every chance she got . . . morning, noon, and night.  I just love this picture of her  . . . such innocence and not a care in the world other than trying to make a sand castle.  And also going with the summer theme and since it was a "beach" picture, I decided to use "Splash" by Echo Park along with a few other items from other collections.  (I love how the Echo park collections work so well with each other.)  Here's what I came up with:

Supplies

CC Products: 
"Splash" paper collection by EP
"So Happy Together" paper by EP (red)
Funday twine by MME
Blue liquid pearls
Slice & Basic Elements cartridge (circles)
Cameo (scalloped circle)
Walnut Stain distress ink
and Snake Tape

NonCC: Liquid Pearls (Pumpkin, Daffodil & Ivy Green); and Pop-up Glue Dots

I was inspired by a LO I saw online awhile back, but there wasn't a name with it (if anyone recognizes it, please let me know because I try to give credit when I get inspiration from someone). I forgot to print it and all I could remember was the circles and red scalloped circle.

Well, that's it for today.  Tomorrow I'll be posting my July Project for CC's Focus Group #4 "Use a favorite book as inspiration". :) Also, I've been "hinting" about a blog hop this week and just got the go ahead to send out an invite.  So please come back on July 27th for a "Banners Away" blog hop that CropChocolate's current Design Team is putting together. :)  The blog hop will start with Amber's blog. So come join in on the fun.

Till next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

1 comments:

SharonDoesBaskets

LOVE the LO! Splash was a good EP collection. Well done!

Post a Comment