CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Focus Group #4 - July project

A couple of things before I start on my post.  You have probably have noticed I've been "hinting" about a blog hop this week.  I just got the go ahead to send out an invite.  So please come back on July 27th for a "Banners Away" blog hop that CropChocolate's current Design Team is putting together. :)  Not only will there be a main prize from CC for participating, but some of the individual blogs will also be giving away their own blog candy.  Make sure to follow instructions to be eligible for each one.  The blog hop will start with Amber's blog on Friday, July 27th. So come join in on the fun and get to know the current DT a bit better.


One more thing, today on The Crop my 1st Design Team project will be posted.  Our assignment was "ombre" which is shading from light to dark.  So in addition to the shading,  I also did a technique I call "burnt edges".  To find out more about it, stop on by.  Here's a sneak preview of what my project looks like. 
So again, stop on by The Crop on CropChocolate to see the whole project and for instructions.  I'll be posting a picture of the whole project tomorrow.   So keep an eye out for it. 

Okay, on to my post . . .  A few weeks ago, I submitted a project for CropChocolate's Focus Group #4 and got the 1st "assignment" soon afterwards.  We were to create a project using our favorite book as inspiration . . . boy, did the ideas fly back and forth between all of us.  From children's books to adult romance books. At first, I thought of using one of my daughter's favorite childhood books and then I thought about using "Amish Knitting Circle by Karen Ann Vogel" where one of the ladies knits as she casts off her prayers . . . I thought about maybe a prayer jar/journal where I'd put my prayers in.

But after giving it more thought I decided to use MY alltime favorite book . . . the Bible.  With that in mind, I started coming up with ideas on how to use it . . . from a layout about my faith . . . to how my daughter prayed as a child . . . I even thought again about a prayer jar/journal by using 1Peter 5:7 "Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares about you" . . . well, the options were endless.  I finally decided to use one of my favorite verses from 1Cor.  "Faith, Hope, Love . . . and the greatest of these is Love. 1Cor 13:13"  and using a picture from my wedding.  Here's what I came up with:

Supplies
"Hello Spring" mini theme collection by Echo Park
"Fresh Flowers" from Springtime by Echo Park (pink)
green bazzill cardstock
"Dear Santa" rhinestones by MME
Fancy Pants rub-on alphas
Slice ("Faith", "Hope", & "Love")
Cameo ("but the greatest of these is")
Xxyron create-a-sticker maker
Walnut Stain distress ink
Snake Tape

While I was writing up my supply list, I discovered that this layout ended up being 100% CropChocolate products. :)  It's a very simple layout, but I think  because of the verse it needed to be simple . . . otherwise, it would distract from it.  What do you think?  Now that I've finally scrapped one of my wedding pictures, the others are calling to me.  So as soon as I get more of this paper and other paper to coordinate, I'll finally get my wedding scrapbook finished . . . I know, "About time!"

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment