CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

Challenge #28

As I stated in my previous posting, I noticed that my postings for the last 5 CropChocolate challenges did not post . . . I had them scheduled but for some reason they didn't post?  Whatever the reason, I'm going to rectify that tonight by revising and combining a couple of them so there's not so many at once.  And then  publishing them ASAP.  :)

For Challenge #28, we were to "Create a project that "Celebrates Summer" with an added requirement of including water. Water can be added however they want - in a photo, a stamp, a wave border, rain, etc!!"  When I saw the word "water" along with "Celebrates Summer", I knew I wanted to do a layout of my daughter swimming.  But I was stumped even though I have lots o summer/water pictures of my daughter.  . . . for almost a week, nothing came until late last night (8/28) when I was looking thru an old scrapbook.  Some of you may remember me mentioning that I'm "redoing" some of my old layouts . . . well, not really "redoing" as to actually just doing again because I'm keeping my old layouts.  They show how I have grown as a scrapbooker . . . it's part of my creative history.  With that being said, I knew I wanted to do this layout (again) of the 1st time my daughter went swimming.   Here's what I came up with:




Supplies 
CC Products
"Splash" paper collection by Echo Park
"Paradise Beach" cardstock by Echo Park (red)
"Baby Blue" Liquid Pearls
Walnut Stain distress ink
Snake Tape
Cameo

NonCC: Glimmer Mists in "Atlantic" and "Marmalade"

I love using tan or Kraft cardstock with bright colored patterned paper.  I think it enhances the paper especially when I "flick" mists onto the paper as I did here with my glimmer mists in "Atlantic" and "Marmalade". 

Well,, what do you think?  I'm pretty please with it . . . enough that I've scrapped some of the other pictures that were taken this same day.

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy


0 comments:

Post a Comment