CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 3, 2012

OWH Card Challenge

This weekend Operation Write Home had a card challenge . . . 10 challenges in all.  While I wanted to do all 10, I ended up doing only 5 of them.  But I did do a total of 38 cards. I liked a couple of them so much that I went gung-ho before realizing the time and that I needed to get a few more done.

But before I show you what I did, I want to invite everyone back on Sept. 28 at 8am to Oct. 1st 8am MST for another OWH Card Blog Hop hosted by CropChocolate's Design Team.  We will be making cards for OWH and giving challenges to those who want to participate.  There will be prizes given by CropChocolate in addition to individual blogs giving away some blog candy of their own to those who participate.  So stop on back . . . the hop will be from Sept. 28 8am MST to Oct. 1 8am MST.

Okay, onto my cards I did.

For the 1st challenge, we were to use a bible verse or inspirational verse.  Here's what I did:


For the 3rd challenge, we were to use a these of snowflakes but NOT Christmas.  Here's what I did:


For the 4th challenge, we were to use a triple time stamp technique (Here's a tutorial on how to do it).  Here's what I did:



For the 6th challenge, it was to use this sketch.  Here's what I did:



For the 7th challenge,  it was "Christmas is for Kids".  So we were to do one any Hero Christmas card and one Christmas card for one of our hearoes to send to a child.  Here's what I did:





I wish I would have been able to do more of the challenges, but I'm very happy with the number of cards I was able to do.  And am even more excited that I'll have the opportunity Sept. 28 - Oct. 1st to make more cards for our Heroes.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy


6 comments:

Karen (karey2005)

Kathy, they are terrific! Your triple-stamp is my favorite....but then that's my current favorite card technique, so I'm biased! Great job! xoxo

BobbisTreasure

That embossed vellum is gorgeous! Very elegant!

Donna

Love your cards! Thanks for playing along with the Triple Time technique!

Sybrina K

Wow! What a great set of cards! And, to think you made 38 cards over the weekend... Way to go!

I really like how you tied the sentiment into the music-themed paper on your first Christmas card. And, the embossed beard and fur -- with those googly eyes popping out -- is so much fun!


Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas is for Kids challenge. And, thanks for the info about the upcoming blog hop. :)

Linda

Great group of cards...I think the Triple Time card is my fav with the Santa card being the runner up. I am from Iowa as well but have never been to your town. Thanks for sharing!!!

Julie

Adorable cards, Katherine! I love all the bling on your sketch card! So shiny! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Post a Comment