CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Viva Las VegaStamps! DT Tryout

A day or so ago, I got a notice about Viva Las VegaStamps! DT Tryouts.  While I was excited about this, I didn't know if my stamping would be good enough . . . I mean, have you seen some of the current DT projects.  I also wasn't sure if my style was the "right" style.  But still, it called to me.  As I said, I was so excited but then I saw that the deadline was Sept. 15 at Midnight. Ugh!  I didn't know if I would have time to come up with 3 NEW projects . . . but I thought maybe I might have enough time to recreate some that I've done before.  I really wanted to at least tryout for the experience. And even though I didn't have any good VLVS (except for sayings), I went to work on some using other stamps. 

The first project I decided to recreate was  a card I did a couple years ago for a friend who was so busy at the time . . . the inside of this card says "I don't have time to be this busy".  Here's how it turned out:



I used "Golden Oldies" M-1249 by AI Original Rubber Stamps, Copics for coloring and blending, and miscellaneous cardstock.  I used a notebook paper punch to punch the part of the pink paper and  wrapped black twine for a little extra.    I also "crumpled" the background pink to give it a worn look.  Well, so far so good. :)

The second project I decided to recreate was a Christmas card I did 2 years ago.  It was a nativity scent stamped, then colored with my Copics and a little stickles.  Here's how it turned out:



I used "Small Nativity"  and "Whimsy Silent Night, Holy Night" from Northwood's Stamps; Tim Holtz "Gridlock" Texture Fad; Stazon black ink; clear embossing powder; yellow & lime green stickles; and copic markers.

The third project I decided to recreate was a tag I did last year for Christmas presents.  I used Tim Holt stamps and embossed it.  To get it so red, I inked it in red and also used red embossing powder.  I also added some greenery and ribbon to finish it off.  Here's how it turned out:


I used a blank tag, Tim Holt stamps (not sure of name because they were no longer with the package), watermelon ink, red embossing powder, pine green ink, and misc. tulle.

Then tonight when I got home, I had a message that I could use some of my best older projects . . . they didn't have to be new or recreate.  So I thought I'd submit one more project that I'm pretty proud of . .  it was one of the projects I submitted for a Design Team tryout for CropChocolate (which I did get selected).  Here it is::




I used Chocolate/tan cardstock by Echo Park; Teal/Yellow cardstock by EP; "Noel" by Teresa Collins (cream pattern); "Everyday Fun" rhinestones Kraft Funday by MME; "Everyday Fun" wood banners Kraft Funday by MME; Paper flowers by BazillBasicPaper (BBP); Walnut Stain Distress Ink; Picket Fence Distress Ink; Blue China Distress Stain; Snake Tape; Around the Page paper punch by Martha Stewart (not sure of name because I've had this for a couple of years); misc. clock stamps; "Ladies & Gents" by Webster's Pages (fussy cut some clocks); "Say it with Rhinestones" by Prima (the crystal swirls); stripe paper (not sure who by because it didn't have a name on it); and Storytellers Timeless letter stickers by Webster Pages (Time flies).

VLVS has some awesome stuff and I would be honored to be on their Design Team.  So wish me luck!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy





1 comments:

Karen (karey2005)

Good luck, Kathy! Love your creations!

Post a Comment