CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Challenge 33

Last week's challenge on Crop Chocolate came with a twist.  Yes, there still was a crafty element to the challenge, but it was also a contest for $100 Crop Credit and a chance to try something new the owners have in development.

For the challenge, we were to create a project (card, layout, altered item, etc.) using a patterned paper with text and a metal embellishment.  Then came the twist . . . we were to (1) create an account on Instructagram.com; (2) take step-by-step pictures of the project and upload to IG; (3) share on FB, pin on Pinterest, etc.; and (4) answer a couple questions regarding IG.

Oh, and we were able to enter more than once!!!  Boy, I don't know anyone who could NOT use $100  in Crop Credits.   So to work I went . . .

My 1st project is a Christmas Wreath made from 3D stars.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
CC Product
Very Merry Christmas paper collection by Echo Park
Christmas This & That paper by Echo Park (multi-colored dots)
Doodlebug Christmas buttons
Making Memories "Noel" brads & metal stars
Cameo
NonCC: chipboard; hot glue gun; misc. ribbon

Since I still had a bit of time, I decided to do a 2nd project . . . I wanted all the chances I could at that $100 Crop Credit. :)  So I decided to recreate a tag that I did years ago in a make 'n take.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
CC Products
Walnut Stain & Fired Brick distress ink
Stickles
MM mini staples
twine from Jillibean
Snake Tape
Cameo
NonCC: tag; TH Christmas stamp; Star pin; misc. Christmas paper (I know I got from CC, but it was scraps so I had no name for it); and misc. ribbon

So what do you think?  I thought they turned out pretty good.  Too bad I didn't win the $100 Crop Credit . . . BUT I had a lot of fun creating and uploading my projects to Instructagram.com.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

1 comments:

Lindy

Love these projects, Kathy! GREAT job!

Post a Comment