CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Wallhanging - Challenge #37

This past week on CropChocolate, our weekly challenge (Challenge #37) was to "add texture to your project is a quick and easy way to create dimension and interest . . . . by using an unusual and/or uncommon material, such as corrugated cardboard, burlap, pasty substances, or any other kind of 'rough' material."  How FUN!!!

So using Nina N's October Design Team project for inspiration, I went to work.  Here's what I came up with:


Supplies
CC Products:
"Lovely Noteables" Times and Seasons by Echo Park (green #1)
"Sweet Stripes" Times and Seasons by Echo Park (green #2)
"Happy Thoughts" Beautiful Moments by Carte Bella (yellow #1)
"Tiki Masks" Surf and Swim by Trinity (yellow #2)
"Borders" Surf and Swim by Trinity (orange)
Note to Self by Echo Park (brown)
St. Nick by Fancy Pants (red)
Summer's End ribbon by Fancy Pants
Walnut Stain distress ink
box from CC order
Snake Tape
NonCC: misc. green ribbon; script stamp; Tim Holtz "Autumn Gatherings" die; and Gesso

I think it turned out pretty good . . . though it could use a littl more of "something".  What do you think?  Anyway, right now, I have it hanging in my Dining Room.  It matches the colors of my home really well. 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment