CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sketch-n-Scrap Guest Designer Challenge

Here is a layout I did this past week using a sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap's blog.  It was their very first sketch from a year ago and they decided to use it for July's Guest Designer Challenge . . . meaning, if you submit a layout for this challenge, you could win a spot as the July Layout Guest Designer.  

I am so excited to be able to participate in this . . . I just hope I can get it posted in time since my internet has been wonky all day and this week has been challenging with it being my daughter's 17th birthday AND it was her first time driving by herself.  Talk about being on pins and needles.  I think I have a few more gray hairs. lol

Anyway, here is the sketch we were to use:

Isn't it just GREAT!  I know I love it!  

For my layout, I did the mirror-image of the sketch and I decided to use some pictures from my first Mother's Day.  It was very memorable for a couple of reasons . . . well, one (1) it my FIRST (so of course it would be memorable).  Another was I had just finished over 11 months of chemotherapy . . . so that in itself was a celebration.  But it was also a celebration because I had been given only a 0-5% chance of making it through the chemo.   And here I am 17 years later . . . cancer FREE!!!

Here's what my layout turned out to look like:


Supplies:
"Pretty in Pink Music" by Glitz (background)
Misc. other Glitz papers (pink & brown dot papers and cream w/ rose paper)
"Berry" solid cardstock by Echo Park
"Horizon" from Beach Babe paper collection by Fancy Pants
brown cardstock by Bazzill
Viva Pink glimmer mist
Tattered Leather glimmer mist
Brown Doodlebug alphas
Helmar Scrap Dots
misc. pink flowers
pink tulle

I hope you like what I did.  And if you do, please check back to Sketch-n-Scrap on May 31 to vote for me . . . the person with the most votes will win the July Layout Guest Designer.  {{fingers crossed}} 

But if you feel my layout still needs something, PLEASE leave me some constructive criticism as to what you think it needs.  And as I always do, if I choose to follow your advice, I will send you some blog candy . . . I will post on CropChocolate.com on June 10th if I did follow someone's advice.  So keep an eye out here and there to see what I end up doing.

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy


0 comments:

Post a Comment