CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cocoa Creators Challenge #6

Hi, it's me again!  Today I want to share with you two (2) cards I did this week.  One was for my hubby and the other I did to add to my stash of birthday cards. :)  I am submitting both of these in Cocoa Creators Challenge #6 on CropChocolate.com

As many of you know, I have been playing around with Tim Holtz's Blueprint stamps and Twinkling H2Os.  Well, for this first card, I used the mini mustache (the large is from the "Ringmaster" stamp collection) because it reminded me of my hubby . . . I have only seen him 1/2 dozen times without a mustache in the 20 some years I've known him.  When I saw this stamp, I knew I had to do a card for him and it worked perfect with "Times and Seasons" paper collection by Echo Park.  Another thing about my hubby is he loves to dress up and wear a tie . . . so what could be most fitting than to have a tie on this card, too. (Oh, I also used a Twinkling H2O on the mustaches.)  Here's what I came up with:


The next card is one I did to add to my stash of birthday cards.  It seems like I am always needing a birthday card . . . and even though I prefer to make them specifically for each person, sometimes time does not permit it.  With this card, I used "Trendsetter" by Fancy Pants, baker's twine and Twinkling H2Os in Sunburst and Fuzzy Peach.  I am in love with the H2Os when it comes to "painting" my images . . . though I need to get a smaller brush to do better detail. :)  Here's how it turned out:



All-in-all, I am pretty happy with these two cards.  I haven't given the one card to my hubby yet because I'm waiting for the "perfect" moment. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

1 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict

LOVE this Father's Day card! perfect touch with the tie :-)

Post a Comment