CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 29, 2013

When life gives you lemons . . .

make LEMONADE!!!

Today I want to share with you a recipe card I did for a "Summer Drink" recipe card swap,  When I ran across this swap on YouTube, I knew immediately what recipe I wanted to do . . . Lady & Son Lemonade. And, with that decided, I knew I wanted to use my new stamp set "Joyful Jar Drinks" from Get Inky! Stamps  by Blue Moon Creation

So to the drawing board I went.  For this recipe swap, not only were our cards to be 6x6, but we were challenged to use a "recipe" of sorts for the card . . . use patriotic or red, white & blue, have some embossing and twine.  Pretty challenging, don't you think?

Well, I since didn't have enough patriotic paper or paper in blue, red & white/cream for 20 identical cards, I decided to try to ink my background.  After a few practice cards, I finally came up with a combination I liked.  Here's how my card turned out:

Supplies:
Cream Cardstock
Barn Door, Antique Linen, & Stormy Sky distress inks (for background)
Black Soot distress ink (for saying)
"Joyful Jar Drink" stamp set from Get Inky! Stamps by Blue Moon Creations
China Black Twinkling H2O
Pink Sorbet twine from The Twinery
Zig Millenium in black pen 
Frost White ink by ColorBox
White embossing powder by Zing!
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue

First I inked my background . . . but I didn't do the whole card, just the outside 2" because I knew my recipe would cover the middle of the card. :)  Next was the saying and the lemons . . . scattering the lemon wedges in no certain order.  I had planned on embossing the saying but the ink didn't show up as good as I wanted.  So I embossed my lemon wedges instead by using the white ink instead of embossing ink and the embossing powder . . . it made it show up even better than it would have if I had just used the embossing ink and power,  After all that embossing, I didn't feel like embossing anything more, so I just stamped the saying. :)

After that, I attached my recipe using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue . . . I love this stuff!!!  Even though does dry real quick, you can take a few seconds to readjust if needed.  Then I doodled around the edges, splattered Black China Twinkling H2O here 'n there and, finally, added the twine, it was done.

Now to get them ready to be mailed . . . but like the title says "When life give you lemons . . . make lemonade".  This is what I may have to do.  I'm in another recipe swap and am waiting to hear back to see if my cards made it...tracking doesn't show any movement since I mailed them 2 weeks ago.  And even though it is a different theme, I think these will work if I need to send these in place of the others . . . I would just have to make a few more.  Then next week I'll make another set of 20.  :)  NO problem!!! :)

I have a blog post for this other swap but can't post it until I the cards have been swapped out . . . everyone likes to be surprised with what they are going to get. :)  So keep an eye out for it.  Until then, remember  -

"When life gives you lemons . . . make LEMONADE!!!"

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy



1 comments:

by belle

Great recipe card Kathy! I really like the inked background!!

Post a Comment