CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Buttons, Buttons . . . Who's got the buttons?

If you are arriving here from the Clear It Out Challenge blog, 
click HERE to see that post. 


This past week for Cocoa Creations' challenge on CropChocolate, the challenge was from Amber.  Here's what she said ---

"Buttons...they're almost a thorn in my side because I have
 so many of them. I've seen some fun creations on Pinterest 
with projects being made with them in the shape of hearts, 
as a photo frame, etc. that I'm loving!

So, here's your challenge - create a project, ANY project!!, 
that includes a shape made out of buttons."

For this challenge, I decided to share a 2-page layout that I did for my sister and her hubby.  As many of you know, I had started a "Pregnancy" album for them.  But since their baby was stillborn a couple months ago, I decided to make it a "Memorial" album for Kali Rena and would put together 12 or more pages for them to use.  As per request, I kept the pages very basic and simple . . . not so much ink and such (basically no mixed media).  So my image made from buttons is also very basic---a line.  I got my supplies from Julie Berg's Scrappy School.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies
Chantilly paper collection by CTMH
White cardstock by CTMH
White twine by CTMH
Heart chipboard by CTMH
pink buttons by CTMH
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Even though I have decided I LOVE Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for just about everything . . .  I especially LOVE it for chipboard!  Not only for attaching chipboard to page but also covering chipboard with paper.  It doesn't warp or get wavy like some glues might and it has a VERY strong hold.  I found mine on Amazon if you want to try it out. 

Anyway, I just love the softness of the colors from the Chantilly line . . . perfect for a little girl.  As I get more pages done, I will share them here for you to see . . . or I may wait till I get all the pages done and share all at once.  It all depends on timing. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

PS  Make sure to check out this week's challenge on CropChocolate - "Let's Cool Things Down".  There is an awesome prize to one (1) lucky participant --- a choice of a $20 gift certificate to either Paper Issues or UmWowStudio.  And if there are more than 25 entries, there will be two (2) prizes given away.  (click HERE for more details.)  So stop on by and see what's coolin'.


1 comments:

by belle

Very nice CAS LO Kathy!!

Post a Comment