CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Christmas . . . already???

If you arrived here from Clear It Out Challenge blog 
for some mid-challenge inspiration, click HERE.


That's is what a lot of people have on their minds this month with so many companies doing "Christmas in July" promotions.  So to be a small part of that and join in on the fun, I decided to do a quick Christmas card that I saw at my local scrapbook store for a make-n-take.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
white & red cardstock
"Merry Christmas Tree" stamps/die-cut collection by Sizzix/Hero Arts
Big Shot by Sizzix
Silver Embossing powder by Zing!
clear bling

When I saw this stamp & die-cut set being used the other day and fell in LOVE!  I mean, I love to stamp and I love using die cuts, but to be able to do both and not have to fussy cut . . . well, I felt like I was in scrapbook heaven. lol  But seriously, the stamps in this set are the ornaments (8 total), the tree (with all those empty circles begging for an ornament), and a "Merry Christmas".  Then there is a die-cut for each of the 6 ornaments, one for the tree and also one for the "Merry Christmas".  So all-in-all there are 10 stamps and 8 die-cuts.

 I didn't use the one for the "Merry Christmas" since I wanted it to be directly on my red paper . . . but I think it would be great to do so and then use pop dots to give it more dimension.

I kept this card pretty simple, but I still think it looks elegant using just red & white with silver accents.  What do you think?

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

PS  I think I may enter this in Cocoa Creations' challenge #8 on CropChocolate to give a little inspiration . . . especially since this week was the challenge I came up with.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you should because there is a GREAT prize for one lucky winner - a choice of a $20 gift certificate between Paper Issues or UmWowStudio.  Both companies are ubber-fabulous and you can't go wrong with either. :)  Hope to see you there!!!

2 comments:

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict}

Super cute Kathy!!! Gorgeous, simple elegance!

by belle

I love that tree Kathy! Very nice!

Post a Comment