CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Scrap Your Story - Challenge #21 DIY

If you have arrived here from Clear It Out Challenge, click HERE.


Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  Tonight I want to share with you another layout I started while I was at a scrapbooking retreat with some of my CC peeps . . . and decided to enter it in Scrap Your Story Challenge #21

But first, if I haven't said it yet, I will say it now . . . I had a GREAT time with all of the ladies that I had had the priviledge of meeting on CropChocolate.com and finally getting to meet them in person.  I had already met three (3) of them before at Memories on Marshall in St. Louis a couple of times for another scrapbooking retreat.  And this time at Blooming Escapes Retreat in Madison, WI, was the first time I had the honor of meeting 4 more of my CC peeps.  We had so much fun that we are planning another retreat . . . not sure where yet, but whereever it is it will FUN. :)

Okay, to the layout  . . . I started out using a kit from a company in Australia - Scrappy Chat Designs.  It is kinda like Studio Calico except that you get a link to a video teaching a new technique or two and the layouts end up being what I would call "clean-altery".  Meaning, it is a mix of CAS (clean and simple) and Altered (or mixed media).  Beck has such a unique style that is much more like my style than any other kit club I have found.  I just love, love, love these kits . . . at the two (2) I have received so far. 

For this challenge, we were to make our own embellishments . . . a DIY (do it yourself).  So the embellies I made are the "arrows" or triangles, inked some burlap to change it from a kraft color to black, then used it as matting, and made a small tag that is sticking out near the top of the layout. Also, I used a plastic cup and a lid of my gel medium to get my watermarks.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies
Misc. paper
Artison words by Pink Paislee
"Talk Nerdy to Me" Flair by UmWowStudio
Charcoal chalkboard glimmer mist
twine from The Twinery
burlap
Helmar Scrap Dot & 450 Quick Dry adhesives

This layout is of my daughter the first time she was able to climb up on our green chair all by herself.  As you can see in the picture, she was VERY pleased with herself . . . 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

Challenge(s) entered:



3 comments:

by belle

Great LO Kathy!! One day I will get to meet up with you guys!!

orange gearle

This is a great LO! I love it. Nice to see a fellow Iowan playing at Scrap Your Story!

Jessica

I love capturing those moments, when they've done something new and the littles just feel AWESOME. Love the little arrows you made, thanks for joining in at Scrap Your Story.

Post a Comment