CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clear It Out Challenge - Boy/Man

Does anyone know what time it is?

It's CHALLENGE time!!! 

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  Once again, it's that time over at Clear It Out Challenge.  Time to put away the groceries, order up a pizza for dinner and get out your crafty toys . . . and get your crafty on.  And usual, our fearless leader has come up with another awesome challenge this time . . . so easy, peasy!!!  Are you ready?

Okay, it's challenge time!

Theme:  Boy/Man 
Stash:  die cuts or punches

You have 2 weeks to play (till Sept. 30th)

Our sponsors this challenge are:


Click HERE to see DD's yummy images

Click HERE to see QKR's fun images

As many of you are doing, I have been busy with back-to-school stuff . . . summer if officially over but the memories are not forgotten.  One in particular for me is going to the Iowa State Fair. And what better way to keep those memories close by than to make a mini album?  So when I saw this image of a little cowboy by QKR Stampede, I knew exactly I had to use him on the cover of my "Iowa State Fair ABC" mini album.

So getting out some of my die cuts I bought just for this purpose, I got to work on my cover.  Please note that since I don't have the inside pages done yet for this mini, the cover isn't "completely" done . . . I plan on adding ribbons, bows, twine, etc. to the album rings.  But here's how it looks so far:

Copics used:
B93, B95, B97 (jeans)
E33, 335, E37 (chaps & vest)
R24, R27, R29 (shirt & boots)
E42, E44, E47 (hat & rope)
Y15, Y26 (hair)
E00, E02, E11 (skin)
100 (belt)

Other supplies used:
cardboard (from an old box)
die cuts (bark, ABCs, animals)
VLVS chicken wire stamp
Walnut Stain distress ink
Farm Girl paper collection by October Afternoon
Natural twine by The Twinery

To make this cover, I took an old box and cut it to the size I needed for a front and back cover.  Then using my chicken wire stamp, I inked it in various spots.  After that, I tore off some of the paper fromt the cover/cardboard to show the "middle" of it and inked it to distress the cover.  Then added my papers, die cuts and image.

So far I am in love with this cover . . . but I can hardly wait to finish the inside pages so I can complete the front cover with ribbon & twine on the album rings. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy

1 comments:

Barbara Godden

this is just stinkin' cute. Love the cowboy and fabulous sketch. Just a fabulous Boy card.

Post a Comment