CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 23, 2013

Mid-Challenge Inspiration --- Boy/Masculine

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!! Finally, it is now my favorite type of weather . . . mid to low 70s during the day and mid to high 40s at night.  And do you know why it is my favorite of weather?  It is because I get to where my favorite type of outfit . . . jean shorts with a sweatshirt. :)  So casual and COMFY!!!

But enough about the weather and clothing.  I am here today to to remind you that you still have a week to complete a project for Clear It Out Challenge.  The theme this time is boy/masculine . . . and the stash item is punches or die cuts.

And for a little inspiration, here's a card I made:

Copics used::
YG11, YG13, YG13 (grass, pinwheel, stripe on shirt)
B93, B95, B97 (shorts)
YR14, YR15, YR18 (pinwheel, stripe on shirt)
R24, R27, R29 (shoes -- I love red tennis shoes)
BG0000, BG000, BG10 ("halo" or sky around image)
E00, E01, E11 (skin)
BG10 (shadowing for the "white" socks)
E23, E25, E27 (hair)

This image if from Digi Darla called "Blowing Paper Windmill" and when I saw it, I thought it would work great for this challenge.   I used my rectangle die cut from Spellbinders for cut out the image and for the mat behind it.  Other supplies I used were:  "Little Boy" paper collection by Echo Park; washi tape (blue chevon & orange stripe); twine from The Twinery"; and a miscellaneous button.

All-in-all I am pretty happy with the way this turned out . . . I was a little unsure at first about using a plaid for a background, but I think it turned out okay.  What do you think?

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy





1 comments:

Barbara Godden

Cute image, I like the plaid I don't think it is too much. Fabulous job for the challenge.

Post a Comment