CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 19, 2013

HIMCR #120 - Color It!

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

It's the 3rd Saturday of the month and do you know what that means?  It means it's time for the "Color It" Challenge on Hiding In My Craft Room.  Remember you have one week to submit your projects on HIMCR to be eligible for a Copic Fusion set . . . YES, you read that correctly!!!  A Copic Fusion Set  . . . GREAT prize, isn't it?!?!?  So get out your paper and glue and let's see what you can come up with. :)

 Here's a card I did to give you a little inspiration to help get you going:



The stamp is "Seed Catalog" by Stampendous . . . and it is so much fun to color with so many different options.  I decided to do something a little different with this image . . . I decided to do a "telescope" technique.  Instead of coloring just one (1), I colored two (2) images identical. 

Then I took a set of dies (4 of them) and placed them on one of the images . . . this is to help me see where they need to be.  I placed tape on alternating ones . . . for the 1st images I placed the tape on the 1st die and the 3rd die Then removed the other two dies (the 2nd and 4th) and ran it thru my Big Shot. 


Setting that set aside, I did the same thing with the 2nd image . . . only this time I taped the 2nd and 4th die before running thru my Big Shot.  (Remember to place all 4 dies on the image to make sure you are cutting the image in the EXACT same spots as the 1st image . . . otherwise they will not line up correctly when putting all four (4) together.


After cutting both images, I layered them . . . alternating the 1st image set and the 2nd image set and making sure the stamped images lined up with each other.  I used foam tape in between each layer. 




It is such a FUN way to add some a little "different" to your card.  Is there something "different" you do to your cards once in awhile to give them a different look?

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

3 comments:

Lucy E.

Your card is so pretty! That's a great technique for adding dimension.

Barbara Godden

Awesome card, great technique for layering. love the vibrant colours.

Unknown

Thanks so much for the great tutorial on this technique.
Your card is really gorgeous!!
hugs--
Roberta
Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts
My Blog Candy

Post a Comment