CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 2, 2013

HIMCR #122 - Fall Colors

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!!


Can you believe it's already November?  Where did all the time go?  Probably spent making lots of projects, right?  :)  

Well, here it is the 1st Saturday of the month and do you know what that means?  It means it's time for another Hiding In My Craft Room challenge and since it's the 1st Saturday of the month, it means the challenge it a "Color" challenge . . . so this time we challenge you to use Fall Colors!    

And this month, we have an awesome sponsor -- Template Dreams at Scrap Takeout -- who will be giving away a $5 gift certificate to their store . . . which by the way has so many A-W-E-S-O-M-E digi kits.

For this challenge, I decided to use "Little Pumpkin" digi kit by Template Dreams . . . it was just so vibrant with the greens, oranges and blues in it that I had to have it to use with some pictures I took a pumpkin farm last year. And I used "October Breeze" digi elements by Template Dreams for my flower embellies.

Originally, I was going to do an all digital layout . . . but after a few dozen tries and more hours than I want to admit, I finally decided that the software I had wasn't working the way I wanted it to.  My layers kept disappearing . . . I'm thinking it probably had something to do with the fact it was a free trial version, so it didn't have all the options with it?

So I finally decided to do my layout by combining the "old school" way of paper, scissors and glue with a bit of the "new school" way by printing my paper and embellies from my digi kit.  Here's how it turned out:


I know when many crafters use digi paper, they print a whole sheet . . . usually on 8-1/2x11 (or 12x12 if their printer can print that size).  I use to do mine that way, too, until one day I only had 2 sheets left of my X-Press It cardstock (yes, I know it is usually used for Copics . . . but it is GREAT for printing, too).  Then I realized I could crop the paper in a photo software, then insert it into a Word document . . . thus getting sometimes up to 5 different papers on one sheet.  

That is what I did here . . . since I had a "sketch" I drew, I made "guesstimates" about what size I wanted each paper and cropped them in my photo editing software and inserting into my word document. Then once I had the document "full", I printed and cut the papers to the sizes I wanted . . . adhered to some SuperStock by Canadian Scrapbooker (since I don't have a printer that prints 12x12 paper).   



With the embellies, I just inserted into a Word document, printed and fussy cut.  The digi kit I was using does have blue twine with it, but it was too hard for me to fussy cut, so I used some Denim twine from The Twinery.  I also added some cheesecloth and blue bling from MME. 


After a quick spray or two of "Candy Corn" Glimmer Mist and some quick journaling, VOILA! I was done. 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy


Challenge(s) entered:

5 comments:

Lena

Beautiful layout, Kathy. Everytime I look at one of your layouts, I feel the need to start on my scrapbooking again. Need to sort out all my photos first. I'm running more than a few years behind :-)
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

designermc

Kathy, I love your layout and how everything came together. I think you did fine with the digital kit. It's fun to add special embellies on the project to add the interest and texture. Great job and well done.
Nancy

Mrs Beez

I love this layout. Your use of the papers is so clever and really brings out the details in the photo'. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Dee's Craft Room

Oh wow, I love this layout. The prefect way to display your photograph.

Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

DIANA L.

Super layout.. Thanks for joining our Creative Inspirations Paint Thanksgiving challenge

Post a Comment