CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 30, 2013

HIMCR #126 - Freestyle

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

I hope and pray everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving and having safe travels if you are out-of-town.

Well, it's Saturday once again and do you know what that means?  Since it's the weekend after Thanksgiving, it means that most of you are probably resting up from a day of Christmas shopping on Black Friday and fighting the crowds hoping to get some GREAT bargains while trying to steer clear of the "free-for-all" or "anything goes" mentality that some of the shoppers get when trying to get the last "hot" item.

But do you know what else it means?  That's right!!  It means it's time for another amazing challenge over at Hiding In My Craft RoomThis week the theme is "Freestyle" (or meaning "anything goes") . . . and don't worry, there won't be any "fighting" mentality there.  Only some good old-fashioned competitiveness since it is a challenge after all. :) 

Since it was Thanksgiving week, I decided to do a simple project while adding more cards to my Christmas card "stash".  Here's how it turned out:


I call it my "Ribbon Tree" card because I used "ribbons" of paper . . . actually, it is 3/4-inch wide strips of paper.  I used "Yuletide" from the Festive paper collection by Authentique for the strips and "Merry" from the same collection for the background.  The "holiday CHEER" stamp is a miscellaneous one from my stamp collection and the star was punched with a star punch from glitter paper.  I alsu used Walnut Stain distress ink on the edges.  And "Voila!" I was done . . . pretty simple, don't you think?  It actually was once I got the widths of where I needed to fold or wrap my strips. :)

Hope everyone has or has had a Happy (and safe) Thanksgiving!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment