CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Clear It Out Challenge - Warm Fuzzies


Does anyone know what time it is?

That's right . . . 

It's CHALLENGE time!!! 


Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!! Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? Less than 8 days to go, I think?  And are you finished with your holiday crafting, baking and shopping?  Well, even if you aren't, that is okay because once again, it's challenge time over at Clear It Out Challenge.  Time to clear away the shopping lists, clear away any remaining baking "stuff" (well, except for a few cookies/candies to help you keep focused--lol), and clear away anything else that is stockpiled in your crafty space . . . and let's get our crafty on!!!  And usual, our most G-E-N-E-R-O-U-S leader, Laura,  has come up with another amazing challenge for us . . .and it's so easy, peasy!!!  So get out your paper, scissors, glue  and . . . 

 Are you ready???

I didn't hear you . . . 


Are you ready???

Okay, it's challenge time!!!

Theme: Warm Fuzzies
Stash: Something textured

You have 3 weeks to play (till Jan. 6th)

Our sponsors this challenge are:

 
When I saw "The Perfect Christmas Tree" by QKR Stampede, it reminded me of a Charlie Brown Christmas and how beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . old cartoons like that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And with it being so close to Christmas (less than 8 days away), I decided to show you once again this quick and simple card using "The Perfect Christmas Tree" digi image . . . as I have mentioned in other blog posts, it is a style I have done many times before and I never get tired of it. And I decided to get a headstart on my "Thank You" cards for after Christmas. Here's how it turned out:


One thing though, this is the first time I used a digi image on this style.  So while this card is a simple and quick one, you do need to take a few minutes to figure out the placing of where you are going to print your image.  How I did it for mine was take a 8-1/2"x11" piece of cardstock and made a pencil mark at the halfway point (vertical), so it would look I would have two (2) 4.25"x11" pieces at the end. Then I measured down 5.5" (to where the fold of the card would end up), then measured another 1/2" or so to where top of the image would be . . . BUT this will all depend on how big YOU decide YOUR image will be. With these numbers, I went into my Word doc and made the necessary adjustments to the margins and using the little ruler at the top and side, I inserted my image (which I changed its size to 1.25") approximately 6" down from top and in approximately 2,25" from side. BUT this all depends on how big you want your image.  If you are unsure if you got it in the correct place, then print it on plain white paper first to see if you need to adjust your measurements . . . that is what I did.  I was able to print two (2) images/cards.

Once I had it printed, I colored with my Copics, added some Stickles, some green Flowersoft Flock and Smooch Pearlized Ink.  Then add some twine from The Twinery and the "THANKS" sentiment is from Close to My Heart.  Then last, but not least, added a miscellaneous red button on the folded corner.  Voila! It was done!!!

As you can seen before, this style of card not only would work GREAT for regular clear or red rubber stamps, but it also works GREAT with digi stamps.  So now that you have an idea for a quick and simple card, I hope you enjoy making it as much as I do . . . as you can see, I've already done three (3) different ones this past month or so.  I just love it and how you can get different looks.

Have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

3 comments:

Desire Fourie

This is a gorgeous CAS design. Love how you have used the twine.Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Barbara Godden

fabulous CAS creattion. Great information on printing for them too. I have enough trouble just printing digis let alone doing something like you have. Love the folded corner and button.

D-

Oh my gosh I MUST get that tree. I have a Charlie Brown carrying a tree stamp but REALLY want this one. lol.
Your card is so cute. I'll have to check out this challenge.
Thanks for sharing this sweet card.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Post a Comment