CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 7, 2013

HIMCR #127 - Holiday Colors

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!!


Is everyone staying warm enough this past few days?  I know, it's been challenging here trying to stay warm with the temperatures being in the teens during the day and low single digits (and sometimes below 0) at night . . . in fact, I had to put two (2) more quilts on my bed last night because the temp dropped so low.  I pray that those of you who are in the path of the ice storm that is hitting our nation are staying inside where it's safe and, hopefully, warm.  Okay, enough about the weather. :)

Here it is the 1st Saturday of the month and do you know what that means?  It means it's time for another Hiding In My Craft Room challenge and since it's the 1st Saturday of the month, it means the challenge it a "Color" challenge . . . so this time we challenge you to use your Holiday Colors!    

And this time, HIMCR is giving away this A-W-E-S-O-M-E Christmas package ---


I got the idea for the card I did for this challenge from a card my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday . . . it was actually kinda funny because as she handed me the envelope with the card, she said "Happy Birthday . . . and I'm sorry."  When I opened it, I was like "Sorry for what?  I LOVE this!!!" So after searching the internet, I found a SVG file to make one  from App.box.com (https://app.box.com/shared/5a7tp4rhaj). Here's how it turned out:



I used scraps for this card and printed "A friend is like a good bra" sentiment on the inside:

"A Friend is Like A Good Bra . . .
Hard to find
Supportive
Comfortable
Always lifts you up
Makes you look better
Always Close to Your Heart!!"

And the back is a thong with a little S.W.A.K. (lips) tattoo . . . but since I didn't want to hurt anyone's sensibilities, I decided not to show the picture of it. :)

Remember, you have one week to get your "Holiday Color" project in to be eligible for the Christmas package.   Have a GREAT (and warm) weekend!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy


0 comments:

Post a Comment