CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mid-Challenge Inspiration - Warm/Fuzzy

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  

Is everyone rested up from Christmas and getting ready to ring in the New Year?  I know I am . . . well, almost.  I still need to get my ingredients for our "New Recipe" day we do on New Year's Day . . . usually, we have friends and family over to try out "new" recipes and it is always so much fun.  This year, though, it may just be me and my family since my hubby has to go to work the very next day . . . but we will still have fun trying out a couple new recipes I have found. 

Anyway, I am here today to to remind you that you still have one (1) week to complete a project for Clear It Out Challenge.  The theme is "Warm / Fuzzy" and the stash item is something textured.  Here's a little card I put together for just for this challenge:

Supplies:
"Very Merry Christmas" paper collection by Echo Park
X-Press It paper (made to be used with Copics and other alcohol-based markers)
Copics: YG63, YG67
Stickles - Xmas Red & Diamond
"Holly Jolly" mini jewels by TPC Studios
Helmar Scrap Dots (3-dimensional adhesive)

When I saw this digi image, "Cup 'O Heart Chocolate" by Digi Darla Designs, it reminded me of a mug I had in my cupboard . . . and how whenever I used it, it made me feel "warm & fuzzy" all over.  So I decided I had to use it for this challenge.  I used Stickles for my texture . . . if you look, you will see that the dots and marshmallows are raised up a bit.  That is because I applied my Stickles twice to achieve the effect I wanted . . . plus, it would match my own mug. :)  (Note: I did try to apply a large amount of Stickles at once, but it warped my paper a bit . . . not a lot, but enough that I wanted to try to do it another way before going on with my card.) I also used Stickles for the heart above the mug.

Another thing I did was use the label "Very Merry Christmas" from the bottom of my papers as my title . . . you know, the piece you always cut off to get your paper 12x12?  I matted it first, then used Scrap Dots for more dimension.  I also used Scrap Dots on my middle banner to help show the layers.

And "Voila!" I was done.  It was a pretty easy card to put together.  Now remember that you still have one (1) week to get your project posted to Clear It Out Challenge.  I can't wait to see what you come up with as one of your final projects of the year . . . I can hardly believe that 2014 is right upon us.

Have a Happy New Year, my dear friends!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy


PS  For those who emailed, the figures behind my card are my Jim Shore Santa figurines . . . I love Jim Shore because of the folk artsy/quilty look to them.  This is the first year in over 10 years that I didn't get any of the new releases for the Santa, Nativity Scene or Snowman.

2 comments:

Barbara Godden

Fabulous card, love all the dimention. The image is adorable as is the sketch. Thanks for the tip on the stickles and never thought to use the words from the patterned paper edge. What a great way to reuse.

Lindy

Hi Kathy!!! This is so cute! I love the banners and all the layers and who doesn't love glitter? The mug with the "heart" is darling!

Post a Comment