CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge - Blues

Does anyone know what time it is?

That's right . . . 

It's CHALLENGE time!!! 


Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  Once again, it's challenge time over at Clear It Out Challenge.  Time to clear away your crafty space and get your crafty on.  And usual, our fearless leader, Laura,  has come up with another amazing challenge for us . . . and it's so easy, peasy!!!  So get out your paper, scissors, glue  and . . . 

 Are you ready???

I didn't hear you . . . 

Are you ready???

Okay, it's challenge time!!!

Theme:  Blues
Stash: Twine/Fibers\ 
(basically, anything goes or you can add a present) 

You have 1 weeks to play (till Feb. 3rd)

This week our sponsor is:


For this week's challenge, I chose to use "Wix-Moonlighter" from Lacy Sunshine because how much "bluer" can you get than the night sky?  And since the theme was "blues", I decided to do my image a little different by coloring her hair blue, too. Here's how my card turned out:

Supplies:
Kate & Co paper collection by MME
misc. clear fibers (to give the moon and chains  more texture)
Scrap Dots 3D adhesive
Copics:
BG70, BG72, BG72 (hair)
Y15, R32 (pjs)
E000, E00, E01 (skin)
G09 (eyes)
B95, B97, B99 (lanterns)
Y15 (candle flame)
Y11 (glow around flame)
Y000 (glow in lantern)
Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11 (moon & stars)
BG0000, BG000, BG10 (halo)

I wish I could get a better picture of the fibers I used . . . it is harder than taking a good picture of glitter. But they really are more for texture than show.  Though one of these days I will either figure it out or get a better camera . . . or both. :)

Remember, you have one week to get your project in to CIO to be eligible for the prize . . . can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy



3 comments:

Crafty Judith

Hi Kathy hun - fabulous card - have a great day x

Lena

Beautiful card - love the image and the way you coloured it. Your papers go beautifully well together and with the image. Love this card!
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Barbara Godden

Fabulous card, I love the papers and your colouring is beautiful.

Post a Comment