CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 18, 2014

HIMCR - #133

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  

Here it is the 3rd Saturday of the month . . . 
and do you know what that means?  

It means it is once again time for a new challenge at Hiding In My Craft Room.  And since it is the 3rd Saturday of the month, it means it is a "technique" challenge . . . so this week the challenge is to do a CAS (clean & simple) card.  So I am here to encourage you to clear a spot in your crafty area and get out your paper, scissors and glue so you can join us for this amazingly fun challenge. Remember, you have one week to submit your projects on HIMCR to be eligible for a gift certificate to The Paper Temptress.

The Paper Temptress let us chose several different papers to play with this week.  I decided to use Onyx Mica/Metallic, Red Licorice Glossy, and Vintage Silver Lustre papers for my first card.  Here's how it turned out:  


I used three (3) different sizes of circle punches to make the faux embossed top, used miscellaneous gems on the red strip and a "Thanks" stamp from Close To My Heart. As Patricia from The Paper Temptress has said, it is hard getting a good picture of the Lustre paper . . . but if you look closely, you can see the texture of it.  It truly is a beautiful paper and pictures do not do it justice.  

Originally, I did a total of six (6) cards with the paper I received from Patricia . . . but since I had still had some scraps, I did a 7th card and used it for a blog hop (which you can see HERE) Otherwise, check back each day this week to see the other six (6) cards I have done with this GREAT paper from The Paper Temptress.

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy 

1 comments:

Barbara Godden

Super CAS card, love your colours and the awesome papers. My cat tries to clean my desk for me. lol.

Post a Comment