CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Get Inky - Challenge #7 Buttons

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

There's a new challenge going on over at Get Inky! (Blue Moon Creation Crafting Station) using buttons . . . and I am here to give you a little inspiration.

As some of you know, I have been trying to "organize" and "clear out" my crafty space . . . well, while doing so, I came across some 1" squares I had leftover from an old project I did for CropChocolate over a year ago showing everyone how to do a whitewash technique.  So I decided to do that technique again along with using some of my Get Inky! stamps.  Thankfully, I still had my instructions for doing the white-wash technique on my hard drive since CC in no longer up for business . . . so I will post the instructions after this. :)

Here's my project:


For this project, I used "Hip To Be Square" and "Sew Sweet Cupcakes" stamp sets by Get Inky!. I embellished the canvas with flowers, buttons, and gems.  But here's instructions on how to do the whole project:

First, cut squares from patterned paper and adhere to a canvas.  My canvas was 8x8 and my squares were 1" . . . and though normally, it would take 8 squares across, I did 7 across and 7 down to give a little leaway along the edges. I used Glue 'n Seal to adhere my squares and let it dry for 48+ hours.

Next I cut out a heart from some vinyl and attached to middle of my canvas. and using "Picket Fence" Distress Stain, I applied it over the canvas . . . taking care to brush away from the vinyl in order to give a crisper image. I did this two times in order to give the look I wanted.  (In my original one, I had used 50%paint/50%water and only used one layer.)

Then I took a black bic marker and doodled around the heart.

With this next step, it can be done two ways depending on how crisp you want your stamping with bubble wrap to look.  I personally wanted my to look smeared.  You can either stamp with bubble wrap then Modge Podge to get a crisp look . . . or do like I did and apply Modge Podge first. Then stamp once the Modge Podge is dry.  I let the MP dry about 48 hours then stamped with bubble wrap and then immediately applied Modge Podge again to get the "smeared" look.

After everything was completely dry, I added my flowers, buttons, ribbon and cheese cloth to upper corner; paper pieced two cupcakes and then did the same to the bottom corner; and stamped my sentiment & adhered it to the middle.  I also took my black ink and distressed the edges of the canvas.

Voila!  It was done.  I am so happy with this canvas . . . even more so than the first one. :) I guess 2nd time round really is better. ;)  If you would like to see my first one(s), click HERE.

Now remember you still have over a week to get your projects in over at Get Inky! (BMCCS) to be eligible for the prize.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

3 comments:

Crafty Judith

fabulous creation hun love it so much depth and texture - have a great day x

Barbara Godden

Beautiful creation, sounds like a lot of work,

by belle

Is that doodling I see around the heart?? Love it!

Post a Comment