CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 8, 2014

HIMCR #136 - Super Scraps Saturday

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

How has everyone been this past week?  It's been a pretty good week here considering how it started out.  Last Sunday I went to take my hubby's car up to Casey's and it wouldn't start. :(  So I took my Jeep after he got his vehicle moved, but when I went to start my Jeep to head back home Casey's. guess what? . . . it would NOT start.  And could you believe that I didn't even have jumper cables with me? . . . ME, the one who is ALWAYS after my daughter and hubby to have emergency items in their vehicles. {{shaking head--laughing}}  Well, after borrowing some cables and being hooked up for over 15 minutes, my Jeep still would not start.  So my hubby came to get me with our daughter's truck . . . the only vehicle now that would start.  And guess what happened when he got there? . . . he jump started it in 30 seconds with HER truck. {{still shaking head--laughing}}  But once we got back home and he went to charge both batteries, we found out that both vehicles needed new batteries . . . well, it turned out that mine did but my husband needed a new alternator because on Monday his new battery was almost dead and not keeping a charge. So it was not a good start to the week . . . and our daughter is still teasing us that it was HER truck, the oldest vehicle, that held up to the cold weather and would start. lol

Anyway, here is it the weekend again and you know what that means . . . NO, not more broken down vehicles.  It's time for Super Scraps Saturday challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room . . . and our sponsor this week is 2 Cute Ink.  So let's get out those scraps . . . and get our craft on!!! 

2 Cute Ink gave some adorable digi images to play with and I chose the penguin in an inter-tube. He is just 2 cute!! And was so much fun to color and create a card to use him with.  Plus, it took my mind of the frigid cold weather here and think of going to Florida.  Here's how it turned out:


For this card, I used a sketch I used last week that I found - #131 from Sketch N Stash . . . they have some GREAT sketches to use if you are having a difficult time coming up with one, which I was this past week.   For scraps, I used "Summer Days" 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park  In addition to the paper, I used two palm tree brads from Recollections (Michaels), misc. blue bling, "Hello Friend" clip from Basic Grey and Helmar Scrap Dots 3D adhesive . . . I LOVE this stuff because you can adjust your layers as thin or thick according to your taste and/or project. And once it dries, it won't come apart . . . but before it dries, I am able to still move things around for a few hours without damaging my paper.

All-in-all, I am once again VERY happy with my card this week . . . and once again, I think it may be my favorite?  But then again, I do say that every week. lol

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

Challenge(s) entered:
will add to this later

2 comments:

Barbara Godden

Super cute card, I like that sketch and great use of the papers. The image is so cute, you can't go wrong with a penguin. I think I have a favourite card every time I make one, for me if I really don't want to give it away it's a real fav.

Unknown

Love all the layers on this card! Cute!

Post a Comment