CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Made with 100% Pure Love

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

How is everyone doing during this "heatwave" we seem to be having?  Well, at least it is not longer in the -digits . . . 25 degress Farenheit (with windchill of 20 degrees) acutally feels like a sauna compared to the -45 windchill we had less than a week ago.

Anyway, I am here to give you a little inspiration for the "Stamp on Felt" challenge that is going on over at Blue Moon Creation Challenge blog.  I will admit, I did play around quite a bit with this challenge . . . so much that I ended up having to use a pre-cut felt flower for my project because I used all the felt I had from trying to make sure I could do it correctly . . . Thank goodness for YouTube. :)  

I used the swirl stamp from Get Inky's "Love Bugs" stamp collection, Lagoon ink by Close To My Heart and Turquoise embossing powder by Ranger on the center of my flower which I decided to use on the following layout instead of a card:


Here's a close-up of the flower:

I used Cosmo Cricket's "Early Bird" collection paper crafting kit along with some of my oldest Kiwi Lane templates that I have had for . . . well, over 4 years or so.  What can I say? . . . . I'm trying to use us some of my stash and use some of my older tools.  :)  I also used some flair from UmWowStudio, mini clothespins from Close To My Heart,  misc. twine & thread, and some misc gems on this layout.

The pictures on the layout are of my family and I on our first family vacation.  We went to the Black Hills in South Dakota and shared a HUGE cabin (7 bedrooms) with my parents and sister & brother-in-law.  These pictures from this vacation are so precious to me for many reasons.  One because it was our first vacation and because my daughter was just a little over two years old and getting to be quite precocious.  You would tell her "No, TV" and she would say, "Okay, a video then." Or you would say, "That's blue" and she would say "No, it's navy." Semantics is what my hubby called it. Pretty cute, don't you think? Well, she is still that way to this day.  lol (Oh, and my hair had finally grown out enough that I could FINALLY use a curling iron . . . this was about 1 1/2 years after I finished chemo.)

Anyway, one think I LOVE about Get Inky! Stamps is that they are so cute and versatile.  One piece of advice on embossing on felt . . . use a slow, low heat. :) But first BEFORE you use your embossing gun, flick the BACK of your felt to remove any extra embossing powder particles from the felt.  If you don't, you will have flicks of embossing powder because felt likes to capture it.

Remember, you have till Wednesday, February 5th to get your project(s) posted for the "Stamp on Felt" challenge.

Now let's Get Inky!!!!

Till next time I'm up in the night. Kathy



1 comments:

Barbara Godden

Another winner LO and another great story, love those papers you made the flower out of. fab. job.

Post a Comment