CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Get Inky! - "Circles"

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

Right now the challenge over at Get Inky! challenge (aka Blue Moon /Creations Crafting Station) is "circles or circle punches".  Well, after making my "Thank You" card the other day, I decided to use the same background pattern but also use circle punches . . . kinda make like a color block type pattern.  I also used Get Inky!'s new stamp set "Circles of Love" for the faux stitching on the circles and the "Thank You" sentiment from "Sew Sweet Cupcake" stamp set (also from Get Inky!).  Here's how it turned out:


Supplies:
black Momento ink
Helmar Scrap Dots 3D adhesive

Papers from The Paper Temptress:

All the paper I used for this card is from The Paper Temptress . . . if you would like to get more information on each paper, just click on the paper's name above.  

For this card, I punched out the circles with a 1" and a 1-3/8" circle punches. I stamped them with the faux stitching circle stamps before cutting them in half and in quarters.  After deciding where to place everything, I trimmed just a little of the two (2) quarter circles of the large circle (the one that has red, white & yellow pieces) because otherwise it wouldn't have "fit" . . . the 1/2 piece would have been a bit smaller due to the little space between the two (2) quarter pieces.

All-in-all this card was so much FUN to make . . . a bit challenging, but FUN!  It as a bit challenging only because you do need a steady hand when adhering the circle pieces along the edges. :)

Remember, you have till Wednesday to get your projects in over at Get Inky! challenge to be eligible for the Super Inky! prize.  I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Till the the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment