CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2014

A "Patriotic" Thank You

Hi, to all our Get Inky! family and friends!!!

I am here to share with you a project I did a few weeks ago as a "Thank You" for a very special lady in my life . . . and with her favorite colors being "Patriotic", what better stamp set to use that the new Patriotic mini stamp set called "American Star" from Get Inky! Stamps (by Blue Moon Creations)

With the new challenge over at Get Inky! Challenge being all about "die cuts",  I thought this card would be a great way to show you that not all die cuts are about flowers, flourishes, or lacey shapes.  There are actually die cuts from Spellbinders that cut A2 cards.  I used parts of Spellbinders Nestabilities Card Creator Basics A & Basics B) to create this card . . . and I loved it because it helps me to make sure my "mats" are an exact 1/8" or even a 1/4" difference if I am using mats.  Plus, I can use them for embossing . . . but first I need to get the rubber mat for my Big Shot, which is next on my "wish list". :)

As I mentioned above, I used a new mini Patriotic stamp set called "American Star" along with the "Patriotic" variety paper pack from The Paper Temptress.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
Cobalt Archival Ink by Ranger
Ruby ink by Close to My Heart
Smooch Pearlized ink in Gold/Yellow and Red
"Holly Jolly” brad pearls by TPC
Papers used from the Patriotic variety paper pack from The Paper Temptress:

I just love how the textures of the Solar White Thick Columns and the mica/metallic papers from The Paper Temptress really enhance the "American Star" mini stamp set . . . I don't like cards when the paper overpowers the image(s). 

I stamped my image with a dark blue ink and then colored with Smooches' Pearlized Ink in Red and Gold.  And though I used the gold on the mini stars and the outline of the big star, I had a hard time trying to get a good picture to show it . . .but it is there, I promise. :)  After coloring my star, I fussy-cut it and adhered it with Helmar's Scrap Dots 3D Adhesive.  For the other stars in the top corners, I stamped it on a cushion/foam in order to get a good image due to the "thick columns (or the embossing).  All-in-all I think it turned out to be a pretty good CAS card. :)

Remember, you still have time to get your "die cut" projects in to Get Inky! Challenge in order to be eligible for the prize.  I can't wait to see what each and every one of you come up with for your die cuts . . . whether it be flowery, lacey or even an A2 die set.  I have another A2 set called "A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader . . . check back Tuesday to see a card I used it on.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.
4/28/14 - ETA:  It was brought to my attention that this post didn't post yesterday as it should have and I apologize that.  Somehow it got scheduled for next Sunday . . . guess I was either going too quick or my eyes were more tired than usual and I hit the wrong "square" on the calendar.  But whatever happened, I am so sorry. :)  Have a GREAT day!!!








2 comments:

by belle

Lovely CAS card Kathy!!!

Barbara Godden

Fabulous patriotic card, As far as scheduling I'm sure all of us have done it once or twice or more lol. I did it not long ago. last week I forgot to schedule a blog post for the Cheerful Stamp pad lots of scrambling in the morning lol.

Post a Comment