CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 14, 2014

HIMCR #153 Super Scraps Saturday

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!

Here is is the 2nd Saturday of the month . . .
and you know what that means, right?

That's right . . . not only is it time for a new challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room but it is time for Super Scraps Saturday!!!  This week our sponsor is Paper Temptress and the winner of this week's challenge will receive a gift certificate from Paper Temptress . . . how EXCITING is that?!?! I think the only problem would be trying to decide what paper to chose because Paper Temptress has the most AMAZING specialty papers!

I may have mentioned it before, but I am going to say it again . . . I LOVE Super Scraps Saturday!!!  And it is even better when I get to use some of my precious Paper Temptress scraps, combining them with other little precious scrappy "happiness" along with some of my all time favorite chippies, inks, etc. . . . and, thus, creating something like this:
Supplies:
corrugated kraft paper by Fancy Pants
green airmail washi tape
black and orange blossom ink
sentiment from Paper Smooches
misc. orange sequins
black archival pen (for draw faux stitching in upper & lower corners)

or like this: 
Supplies:
paper from PaperTemptress - Navy Blue Leather, 
White Leather, and Iridescent Cryogen White papers
Other paper - "Anchored" 6x6 paper pad by Authentique
Layered Star chippie from UmWowStudio
"Thank You" sentiment from the "Sew Sweet" stamp set by Get Inky! Stamps by Blue Moon Creations
red dew drops (or skittles) - Sorry, I've had these so long I don't remember :\ 
blue ink 
What can I say? I couldn't decide which card to post today, so I decided to post both . . . I have two (2) cards for two (2) main reasons - (1) because I LOVE PaperTemptress papers; and (2)because I am working on 60+ "Thank You" cards for my daughter to use for her graduation presents.  I know, I spoil her . . . but she's my only child and she has never acted like she is entitled to anything. :)
Anyway, I fell in love with the paper from PaperTemptress when I first tried it months ago (back in February) when she was a sponsor for HIMCR . . . and I have been addicted to it since then. Plus as most of you already know, Patricia (PaperTemptress's owner) asked me to be on her AMAZING Design Team back in March.  I think I now use at least one of PT's specialty papers in each and every project I do now because I love it so much . . . from the mica/metallic to the Vintage Silver Lustre to the Leather to the Ruche papers, they all add such GREAT texture to any papercrafting project.  So if you haven't tried it out yet, you need to do so . . . in fact, there are some sales going on right now for the month of June. So head on over!!
Remember, you have one week to get your project(s) entered to be eligible for the gift certificate from PaperTemptress.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this week because as I've said before - you NEVER cease to amaze me with all of your talent each and every week.
Till the next time I'm up in the night.

1 comments:

Lena

Love both your cards. They are simple but very effective. Love the extra bling you added :-)
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Post a Comment