CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Believe - PaperTemptress

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

As many of you know, when I was on the Design Team with CropChocolate, one of the requirements of our projects was to teach a "new" technique of sorts . . . so I was learning some new every few days.  Something I have missed a lot!!!  But a few weeks ago, I ran across a blog that has what is called "Make It On Monday" and it teaches a new technique every Monday.

So today I am here to share with you a card I made using a "new" technique that I have been practicing with the past few weeks that I learned from "Make it on Monday" and now feel ready to share the final product . . . and some of my favorite papers from PaperTemptress.  The technique was using an embossing folder, chalks, and stamping. Here's how my card turned out:

Papers from PaperTemptress:
Iridescent Cryogen paper (sentiment, embossing and card base)

Other supplies:
chalks
inks (Raspberry Fizz, Limeaide Ice, and Hawaiin Shores)
misc. flowers and gems
digi image from StampArt by Kathryne

The first thing I did was emboss a 5.7 piece of Iridescent Cryogen paper and then colored it with chalks . . . using many different colors.  Then taking a solid stamp (this technique looks better with solid stamp instead of a lined stamp, but you can do it either way) and stamped in various places with Raspberry Fizz, Limeaide Ice and Hawaiin Shores.  I then trimmed it down to 3.25"x7.75" . . . printed a digi sentiment "Believe" on Iridescent Cryogen paper and added both to a larger base.  Then matted it with Azalea Mica/Metallic paper and Iridescent Cryogen paper   For the final touches, I added a piece of White Vellum, misc. flowers, a small strip of the Rose Quartz mica/metallic paper and some misc. gems. Voila! I was done.

Here's a few close up shots:



Thanks so much for stopping by today . . . hope I inspired you to try a new technique.  If I did, let me know where I can see what you created. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night.


1 comments:

D-

LOVE how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Post a Comment