CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2014

HIMCR #!56 - Think Summer!

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

Here is it the first Saturday of the month . . . and do you know what that means?

That's right . . . not only is it time for another amazing challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room, but it is a "Color" challenge.

So this week use what color you think of when you "Think Summer"!

The sponsor is this week is Sami Stamps!

And the giveaway is a $12 Gift Certificate to Sami Stamps!!!

For this week's challenge, I chose a beautiful digi image called "Sunshine Love" from Sami Stamps.  I chose it because it reminded me of the days when me and my daughter would sit outside watching the clouds float by on a warm summer day or the quiet times we watched the sunrises and sunsets . . . those are precious memories.  They are even more so because during part of my daughter's younger years this was most physically active I could get due to being so sick from chemotherapy and, subsequently, a bone marrow transplant  But whether I was healthy or not, we enjoyed these quiet moments together. . . . and I still do when I can get her to slow down to spend a few moments with her dear ole mom (she prefers watching sunsets with a certain boy now) :)

Also, when I see the colors of peach/orange and turquoise, they remind of of the summer sky and the melons from the garden . . . sure sign that summer is here.  Here's how my card turned out:

Supplies:
"Sunshine Love" by Sami Stamps
"Tell Me Your Story" by Teresa Collins
Iridescent Cryrogen White paper from PaperTemptress
"Flame" mica/metallic paper  (a dark peachy orange) from PaperTemptress
flowers from Petaloo
"Memories" sticker from Creative Imaginations
misc. fibers and buttons

For this image, I did my coloring/blending of my Copics a little different for the grass and sky . . . I did small dots in three or four shades for each.  I am pretty happy with the way ti turned out . . . reminds me of a "watercolor" look?  I'm going to practice more with this because I seen pictures of others doing something similar that are just AMAZING . . . and so INSPIRING!!!

Remember, you have one week (till July 12th at 2am PST) to get your projects entered in order to be eligible for the weekly prize which is a $12 Gift Certificate to Sami Stamps.  I can't what to see what colors make you"Think Summer" and why. 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment