CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge - Sketch

Does anyone know what time it it?

That's right . . .

It's CHALLENGE time!!!

Time to put away the lawn mower (if your hubby lets you near it - lol), put away the gardening tools and get a glass of water because it's time for a new challenge over at Clear It Out Challenge,  And once again, our fearless leader, Laura, has come up with a new and exciting challenge for use this week.  So get out your paper, scissors, and glue . . .

Are you ready?

I didn't hear  you . . .

Are  you ready?

Okay, IT'S CHALLENGE TIME!!!

Theme:  Sketch (provided)
Stash:  Anything goes


And you have 1 week to play (till July 14th)

This week our sponsor is:


For this week's challenge, I decided to go a different route with my digi image and chose "Bible Verse - Believe" by StampArt by Kathryne.  Since I was using a sentiment digi image and did't want to distract from it with a bunch of patterns, I decided to use some of my specialty paper from PaperTemptess along with it because the textures of the papers would help give my card detail without distractions.  Here's how my card turned out:

Supplies:
"Bible Verse - Believe" by StampArt by Kathryne
misc. gems and flower
twine from The Twinery

As you can see, I turned the sketch on it's side to make it fit my image better . . . and used three (3) gems for the three (3) flowers.  I really do LOVE how the textures from the paper from PaperTemptress really gives the card more detail without distractions. If you have an image you want to use, but don't want to distract from it or just want to add an extra element to your project, please check out PaperTemptress.com . . . she has the most AMAZING specialty papers.

Here's a few close-up shots of my card:


(Sorry, you have to turn your heads to see this photo the correct way . . .
but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get this picture to upload to my blog right side up. 
But it still shows the wonderful texture and shimmer of the mica/metallic paper.)

Remember, you have one week (till July 14th) to get your projects entered over at Clear It Out Challenge in order to be eligible for the weekly prize.  I can't wait to see everyone's interpretation of the sketch Laura provided. 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.

ETA - 7/9/14 12:26am I edited/corrected the title to this post back to "Clear It Out Challenge - Sketch". Thanks!!!





3 comments:

Desire Fourie

A wonderful take on the sketch and I love how you used the twine.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Barbara Godden

Wow itthat's following the sketch to a fault. Love that you made the sentiment the focal point,

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections

Beautiful card, the sentiment is wonderful! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!
DoubleClick Skittles Design Team Call!

Post a Comment