CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2014

HIMCR #171 - Any Holiday

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

Can you believe it is almost the end of October already?
And that Thanksgiving is just right around the corner, 
let alone Christmas?

I know I can't . . . where did the time go???

Well, speaking of holidays . . .

Since it is Saturday once again, it means it's time for a new challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room and this week's theme is "Any Holiday"!!! 

Our sponsor is A Day for Daisies.

The giveaway is a $12 gift certificate to A Day for Daisies!!!


So since it is getting close to Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I decided to use a digi image called "A Butterfly Harvest" from A Day for Daisies. And since I didn't want to take away from the image by using patterned paper but didn't want the "plainness" of regular solid colored cardstock, I decided to use my papers from PaperTemptress.  PaperTemptress has the best selection of specialty and textured papers.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
Gold & Dark Chocolate Mica/Metallic papers from PaperTemptress
misc. gems

For the sentiment on this card, I used MSWord and typed "GIVE" in "Impact" font and printed ont my Iridescent Cryogen paper. And then stamped "thanks" which was part of a clear stamp I had cut apart that originally said "thanks for everything". Put all the layers together . . . and VOILA! I was done. 

Remember, you have one week (till 2am PST Nov. 1st) to get your projects in.  I can't wait to see what type of  "holiday" projects everyone is inspired to make this week.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.
Challenge(s) I would like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps - Holiday
AUD Sentiments - 2 or 3 word sentiment
Crafting Muskateers - Autumn colors
D.L.Art - Anything Goes
Dragon's Lair - Anything Goes
Squigglefly Challenge #42 - Halloween or Fall



11 comments:

Holly Young

Beautiful card! Wonderful coloring on this image. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

NanaConnie

Lovely coloring, Kat, and I adore the CAS design! Thank you for honoring us with your entry in our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at Through the Craft Room Door. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Deborah Frings

Your card is lovely - the horn of plenty is so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Migdalia

A wonderful card! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Rahmat

Beautiful! I like the image a lot, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

sandie

Amazing colouring! And full of Autumn delights! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Dawn

Gorgeous, I love the image & your colouring is fantastic! Love the clean lines too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Billie A

Very nice card and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Anonymous

Beautiful Thanksgiving card. Love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Julie

Love the simplicity of your card design. So lovely. Thanks for joining in our 2 or 3 word sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments
Good Luck,
Julie T

Gwyneth

A wonderful card.
Thank you very much for entering the "Dragons Lair Designs" October "Anything Goes" challenge. Good luck.
Gwyneth DT

Post a Comment