CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge -"Gearing Up For Winter"

Does anyone know what time it is?

That's right . . .

It's CHALLENGE time!!!

Time to more corn to the corn burner (it actually got down to 19 degrees Fahrenheit over the weekend and only up to the high 30s - BRRR!!!), turn of the daytime dramas & crank up the radio (who am I kidding? I don't watch any daytime dramas anymore . . . have too many FUN things to do, plus with my new "music" program for my Cochlear Implant, I am now able to have some upbeat rhythms when I craft...even when I'm cleaning. Oops, sorry for the "dirty" word again. - lol) . . . and get out your paper, scissors, and glue because it's time for a new challenge at Clear It Out Challenge. And Laura, our fearless leader, has come up with another GREAT challenge for us this week . . . so easy, peasy . . .

Are you ready???   

I didn't hear you . . .

Are you ready???

It's CHALLENGE time!!!

Theme: Gearing up for winter
Stash:  Use a metal embellishment

You have one week (November 10th) to get your projects posted.

Our sponsor this week is:

This week I used a digi stamp called "Winter Trio" from Bugaboo Stamps. and decided to take the plunge and make my "1st time ever" shaker card using my new "Snow Globe" die set made by Die-namics I got from My Favorite Things.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
"Winter Trio" digi image from Bugaboo
"Good Cheer" 8x8 paper pad by October Afternoon (music & red patterns)
"Haunted Hallow" by American Crafts (wood grain for snow globe base)
White Crepe (Ruche) paper from PaperTemptress
clear cardstock from Papertrey Ink
White Opal Liquid Pearls
Glitter Studs by Queen & Co (they like eyelets with adhesive on back)
metal wind-up knob (?Not sure what it's actual name is)
"Snow Globe" die by Die-namics from My Favorite Things
misc. sequins
Copics

For this being my 1st shaker card, I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.  The one thing I would do different the next time is use my Helmar Scrap Dots adhesive instead of foam tape in between my "shaker" layers in order to give it a bit more depth . . . either that or use two (2) layers of foam tape since it seemed to be a bit thin for my sequins to "shake" completely free. :)

Remember, you have one week to get your "Gearing up for winter" projects in.  I wonder what type of projects I will get to see . . . and be inspired by this week?

Till the next time I'm up in the night.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Card and Scrap - Layering
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Squigglefly Challenge - Use patterned paper
Susy Bee's Bloomin Challenge - ATG w/ layers
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes




5 comments:

Holly Young

Super adorable card! So much fun, and great choice of papers! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

cm
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm

Your snow globe filled with the sweet snowmen and penguin trio is simply tooooo cute! Gorgeous colouring; eye-catching layout! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Deepti

Sweet card , love the snow globe. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Lynne

Phenomenal winter card!!! I love the image with all the details and embellishments!
Thanks for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge!!! Good luck and hope to see you again with your creativity!
Hugs,
Lynne, DT Member of Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge

Post a Comment