CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2015

You are my HAPPY - HIMCR #181

Happy New Year to all my crafty friends and family!!!

Has everyone recovered from the holiday season yet???

I think I have even though we didn't go out New Year's Eve this year.  We chose to stay in where it was warm (and safe. . . just never know what or who will be out on the streets on New Year's Eve) and watch movies. Plus, I wanted to be close by in case our daughter needed us for anything. But it is okay we didn't go out to celebrate the new year this year since we were both still a bit tired from a busy week (or weeks). In fact, I think my hubby was in bed by 11pm. Maybe he is right and we are getting old??? LOL  Naw . . . we are only as old as we think we are . . . and I think I'm still pretty young. :)

Anyway, here it is the first Saturday of the month,
and you know what that means, right???

That's right!  Not only is it time for a new challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room, but it's time for a "Color" challenge . . . and this week the color is PINK!!!

The sponsor is Hiding In My Craft Room!
hidinginmycraftroom.com 
The giveaway is TBA!!!

For this week's challenge, I wanted to do a CAS card . . . so I went to Mojo Monday to see what sketches they had and I found one that would work perfectly with this challenge.  So after getting out my "You Are My Happy" 6x6 paper pad by Teresa Collins, I came up with the following:


As I said, "Clean and Simple".  I just love the extra little touch of color the black adds to all the pinks . . . not too much and not too little.  Just the right amount (in my opinion). :) Note: this card measures 3.5"x5.5" so it will still fit in an A2 size envelope with a little extra room if I had decided to add flowers or some other embellie . . . but I like it as it is.  Now to decide who gets it - my hubby or my daughter???

Remember, you have one week (till Jan. 10th at 2am PST) to get your "PINK" projects in over at Hiding In My Craft Room in order to be eligible for the weekly prize.  I can't wait to see all the pinkness that will be created this week!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.
Challenge(s) I would like to enter:
Mojo Monday - Sketch challenge (#378)



1 comments:

Becca Cruger

This is SO gorgeous! Pink and black is probably one of my favorite color schemes of all time. Thanks for sharing your crafty inspiration!

Post a Comment